Re: [MiNT] Commandline handling in the kernel

Le Thu, 15 Jan 2009 18:31:32 +0000
Alan Hourihane <alanh@fairlite.co.uk> a _crit:

> Right, I understand ARGV, but I was getting a little disturbed by the fact
> ARG_MAX returns 128, implying that ARGV is somehow getting limited to 128 as well.
> That's obviously wrong.

As Vincent said, it is limited to 128 bytes, hence ARG_MAX limit. For
programs linked with mintlib, it is crt0.o (or something else called
later in the mintlib, before the application main() function) that
parses the ARGV variable from environment.

If you make a program that does not link to mintlib, you are
effectively limited to ARG_MAX; like asm programs for example, or TSR
programs that must Ptermres() to get their memory reserved. In both
cases, you don't use the mintlib crt0.o to parse ARGV.

--
Patrice Mandin
WWW: http://pmandin.atari.org/