[MiNT] Mint pipe problems

Hi all,

I'm posting the first time here, although I'm not new to the list and not at all new to TOS/MinT. I'm working on Didier Méquignon's Coldfire code trying to get USB working when time permits (which it didn't for quite some time now, unfortunately).

After moving from Linux to a Mac, I was trying to reuse my old TT partition images under Aranym to have the second best Atari available for tests and development (did not want to go through building a cross compiler again for yet another platform).

This worked out nicely so far. However, I have some annoying problems with pipes in the shell. Whenever I use piped commands (especially with grep), I get consistent crashes. Grep'ing through files works well.

"ls | grep pp" crashes (bus error), "grep xxx yyy" does not crash. Grep is the latest package from the sparemint site.

I'm currently using 1.16.3 (ALPHA) since this is the only version where I managed to get proper networking.

Are there any known problems with pipes in this version?

Regards,
Markus