Re: [MiNT] mintlib Makefile requires bash as shell

Hi,

On Sunday 10 May 2009, Thomas Huth wrote:
> After some investigation, I've found out that the problem is due
> to /bin/sh not being the bash on Ubuntu (and Debian), but an
> alternative shell called "dash".

Bash symlinks /bin/sh by default still in Debian (Lenny i.e. stable).

> When I compile the mintlib with "make SHELL=/bin/bash", everything
> works fine.
>
> The problem seems to be the -I$(<../includepath): When I type "echo
> $(<../includepath)" in the bash, I get the paths. When I type it in
> dash, I get no output at all.
>
> When I replace the "<" by "cat " at the corresponding places in
> buildrules and checkrules, it also compiles fine with the dash again.
>
> Don't know if this should be fixed in mintlib or rather in dash, but I
> though I'd let you know in case somebody else wants to cross-compile
> the mintlib on Ubuntu or Debian.

Debian/Ubuntu have "checkbashisms" script in the "devscripts" package[1]
which can be used to check whether scripts use non-standard Bash stuff.

	- Eero

[1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny/devscripts