Re: [MiNT] qed

Am 14.08.2009, 21:14 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

kill -2 to XaAES doesn't do anything to either XaAES or any of it's client (including qed).

kill != killgroup!

I could shutdown the whole system by killing a child of a zombie-process, but I dont exactly remember how I did it. In toswin try to run sh "-c sleep 88"&, then kill the sh, then kill the sleep, or something similar.

Yes. From the nature of the problem (can't restart qed after killing it) it sounds like qed has destroyed something. Enabling memory protection should catch this before any damage is done to anything other than qed itself.

Yes - but qed is the one that freezes, so memory-protection probably would not catch this. One will have to trace all the way the data goes when something is copied to the clipboard in the worst case.

-Helmut