[MiNT] Falcon 030 and mint memory protection, bootable DOS partitions?

Hello to the list!

I'm new to Mint (and i paused doing atari stuff for about 15 years).
Yesterday I installed sparemint 1-16-1 onto my falcon.  It works "well"
when, but only after switching off the memory protection -  is this known
or "normal"?

Problem then is the low resolution, but I think there are tools to set it
to better values.

Another problem is the disk setup. I tried SCSITOOLS (HUSHI) and ICD
tools... altough both are able to create DOS (FAT) partitions, my linux
won't read the partition table, of course that stops linux from reading a
partition....

If I create the table and partition with linux, the atari tools say that
there is no partition that can be used for booting.Because of that I'm
currently booting from floppy disk, loading HD Drivers, then loading mint.
That way i got an IDE CF Card that can work with MINT and Linux... but I'm
not able to boot from the CF card :( Is there anything that can be
suggested to this problem?