Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

From: "Paul Wratt" <paul.wratt@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, November 27, 2009 5:33 PM
To: "mint" <mint@fishpool.com>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

It may also show why the latest kernel builds are absolutely unusable
on ARAnyM. To see what I mean, grab the latest kernel cvs builds from
freemint.org, and replace the respective files in a AFROS booting
ARAynM, and you will see the system is totally unusable.

Can  you elaborate? What do you mean by "unusable"?

One last thing, I'm guessing here, but I think that the redraw problem
on the Milan, is the same "redraw quirks" that happen on EasyMiNT.
These "quirks" are NOT present on an AFROS setup running 1.16.3 (from
PACK3D), or 1.17 (from AFROS 8.12). (now that seems to make perfect
sense???)

If peeps need screen shots to better understand what is and isn't
happening, I can provide a catalog. If someone else wants to "fix"

Yes, some screenshots would be helpful so we're sure we're all talking about the same problem. I don't have any redraw quirks on my Milan running MVDI+NVDI, but there are some under Aranym which I know for sure is related to fVDI. The problem I've noticed on my Milan is that the root window (desktop) isn't correctly redrawn under certain circumstances. It looks like only the root object of the desktop object tree is drawn.

Jo Even

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4648 (20091130) __________

http://www.eset.com