Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Helmut Karlowski
<helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 06.12.2009, 22:41 Uhr, schrieb Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>:
>
>> One of the many changes that I haven't been able to use. :-(
>>
>> Please can we have a release ?
>
> I would like to know for sure it's fixed in my current version. Is it
> reproducible on aranym? I don't have thing though.
>
> Jo Even could try to reproduce this with the XaAES from afros 8.12.

I can too, ARAnyM, AFROS 8.12, and Thing 1.29e, just give me an 040
binary (presuming xaloader is the same)

> And there will never be a release of my XaAES because I cannot update (e.g.
> the resource-file etc.) It has gone too far to use diff/patch I think.
"..never be an official release.."

"too far to use diff/patch" - only if the CVS has changed since you
have started work, and that I doubt.

>> As for the floppy disc problem, it is related to syslogd.
>> I do remember that with 1.15.12 I used to get 2 messages from
>> syslogd at shutdown. I never worked out why but I think there
>> were 2 syslogd processes running. This may be unrelated but I
>> thought it worth mentioning.
>
> I don't know why you run 2 syslogds - I run 0 :)
>
> -Helmut

syslog obviously monitors the floppy drive, or gets hung on some check
related to it.

NOTE: Current Windows versions can still freeze or hang on floppy
access errors, so dont feel bad, or left out ;)

Paul