Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

From: <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>
Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:10 PM
Cc: "mint" <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

I think several people tried to contact Behne & Behne many years ago
and failed. Maybe we should have another go although the last version
of NVDI relied on printer NDAs.

There are several issues with NVDI, the biggest is the Speedo-code. 2B are not allowed to release this code, and the license is expired to they're not allowed to sell NVDI at all.

I think fVDI is the way to go. Or a new VDI kernel module in FreeMiNT.

I just remembered that the Milan does not use the NVDI screen drivers
in any case.

This is true for all graphics cards except those based on the ET4000 chipset.

Jo Even

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4669 (20091208) __________

http://www.eset.com