Re: [MiNT] XaAES sources for FreeMiNT 1.16.3

Paul Wratt a écrit :
this is NOT pixel detection problem:
http://paulwratt.110mb.com/atarist/mint/1.17-cur/cvs-20090828/

Sorry to insist, I don't know much about XaAES, and I'm totally lost with your test environments and versions, but the following point may be important.

In ARAnyM 0.9.8 and previous versions, the VDI function vro_cpyfm() was buggy because a bug inside SDL for Intel x86. This was about an assembler routine that didn't backup an internal flag in the CPU.

For me, using ARAnyM 0.9.8 on Windows XP, this problem caused the following effects :
- EasyMiNT boots well into XaAES
- I open a file window and move it to bottom-right
- Quickly, the window contents is filled with a buggy bitmap (sometimes)
- ARAnyM crashes promptly

This bug caused a random memory overwrite. For me the windows displayed rubbish or even crashed, it would be reasonable to think that this bug could produce the transparent window effect you experiment.

This problem has totally been fixed in ARAnyM 0.9.9.
So if your problem is still here with ARAnyM 0.9.9, it is something else.

--
Vincent Rivière