Re: [MiNT] Bugtracker

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 10:24 AM, Mark Duckworth
<mduckworth@atari-source.org> wrote:
> On 1/8/10 11:05 AM, Paul Wratt wrote:
>>
>> Obviously the programming with WPF worked out successfully :)
>>
>> I know what you mean about mono, it is one of those on my todo list
>> also, although I was going to use the linux version as a basis (cant
>> remember the name offhand)
>>
>> Paul
>>

> Honestly it's probably not worth the time.  I have a Nokia 770 with mono and
> gtk-sharp running on it and the performance is abysmal.  It's orders of
> magnitude faster than a ct60 falcon probably so I think we're screwed on
> that.  That's why I'm plowing full steam into C++.  It's a nice high level
> language with high level features that compiles to tight fast native code on
> nearly any platform.  Seems like THE choice for embedded development.
>
> And then I can use QT and develop much faster apps for the 770.  QT is
> pretty lean and fast, even on low power devices.  It would be an interesting
> exercise to create a gem frontend for it.
>
> Thanks,
> Mark

unfortunately this is the sort of senario we are headded for, and I
was hoping to clip some of it with older versions of libraries,
especially while and 8Mhz could still (theoretically) handle it.

I have already had a look at a lite QT based webkit broswer, it looked
promising. I do know the QT 4 is not so hot on linux, probably because
it uses newer hardware functionality, but that may also just be bad
programming on the app developers part, so yes, I too would be
interested to see what a GEM/AES would look and run like with QT

Paul