Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/sys/sockets/inet4

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
From: "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de>
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2010 12:00 PM
To: <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/sys/sockets/inet4

I would probably have to do the same if I want to do any work on
MiNT/XaAES myself. However, I don't feel good about it. I have nothing

What do you mean? There is lots of software that compiles on a TT using gcc, and a great deal works even with pure-c, just for MiNT/XaAES atari might be too week.

There are larger programs than MiNT or XaAES that compile
fine on a TT with Pure C or AHCC.
The biggest program was A68G of Marcel vd Veer.

http://www.xs4all.nl/~jmvdveer/algol.html

It took AHCC about 20 minutes and produced a 650K executable.
This is slow compared to supercomputers, but pretty fast
compared to supercomputer software ported to Atari.

That's what I mean. I have no use for gcc for my own projects, I write them in plain ANSI C with the standard libraries. I'm using PureC for now, but will move to AHCC in the next few months.

On my todo list is compiling MiNT and XaAES.
I probably start on MiNT 1.15.12 and XaAES2002.
The first because it is the last stable release,
the latter because it is a Pure C program and I know it.

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers