Re: [MiNT] [Mint-cvs] [FreeMiNT CVS] freemint/sys/sockets/inet4

On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 18:24 +1100, Paul Wratt wrote:
> so to recap this thread (all 41 posts I got 3 minutes ago)
>
> Ozk is manually re-syncing with current CVS (mostly XaAES), his work
> should be minimal in difference, but time consuming
>
> Helmut now has (or will have in 24 hours) CVS branch for 7 months
> worth of work, fixes and patches to both MiNT and XaAES, which will
> allow others to test and review separately from current CVS (main
> trunk)
>
> at some point after Odd's resync, Hemuts branch will be re-synced with
> the (then) current CVS, which would have also had time for any further
> fixes or patches, reviews and testing
>
> If that is true, I guestimate either end of Jan or some time in Feb
> that this process will be completed (maybe end of Feb in worst case
> senario), and that there will be further patching in the meantime from
> Alan and Vincent (and maybe Jo) that will have an immediate bearing on
> current CVS stability.
>
> So I can tentatively book in a point release of MiNT 1.17 for 1st
> March (at the latest?), would this be relatively accurate?

Potentially. We know from a previous email from Frank what constitutes a
release in his eyes. But we may have to dilute that. We should dig that

> Alan, can I supply some pages and a simple management system to allow
> Freemint.org to become the official FreeMiNT kernel  development for
> binary and test build downlaods for both MiNT and XaAES, including
> branches.

Sure can. I'd be happy to take contributions here. :-)

> I would also like to provide a link back into the CVS server (the
> AtariForge server) to allow downloaders to post (or upload) profile
> information. Rob can the same web space that the new wiki occupies
> handle text file uploads, and db storage. If so I can supply some back
> end scripting and cross-referencing code for use by the wiki and
> Mantis

Indeed. Fire away.

> Related to the profiling a list of valid profilers should also be
> available with links and/or downloads, so at least a single page on
> profiling and a secure upload (captcha), which could be part of the
> wiki
>
> I will be adding "posting patch procedures" to the wiki as soon as its
> available, and providing a breakdown of what software is currently
> available for patching, and possible provide some outline as to who is
> doing what at the moment, or at least what needs to be done, if these
> are relevant. This is inclusive of kernel and XaAES, and will probably
> contain current Coldfire, CT6x and ARAnyM related references to help
> show overall development activities
>
> re: Mantis, has someone taken the time to check out and test the road
> map facility yet? If the above were put in place, now would be a good
> time to get that up ad running, at least to the point where it can be
> usable by the time the point release comes out.

Not yet, busy Christmas and had no time that I thought I'd have.

> Does this sound in line with what people need, those doing kernel and
> xaaes development, as well as those others doing other related or
> OS-related dev work?

Yep.

> If all is said and done, I would then start on providing complete
> devkit, both naitive and cross compiler, as well as TosHyp
> cross-referencing (where relevant) and the beginings of roadmap
> outline (based on current development and changelog history), with the
> target a very basic ACP OS visual design (which mostly visual and
> theory atm and open for discussion on ACP mail list).

You should always work on what you want to :-) free software and all.

Alan.