Re: [MiNT] how to build native gcc for coldfire/68020

Miro Kropacek wrote:
how one could generate native gcc binary for CF CPU using cross
compiler? For 68000 it's easy, just host/target set to m68k-atari-mint
but what about others? I tried --with-arch for configure but is seems
unknown to our target:

For compiling any software for a specific CPU, just add the CPU option in CFLAGS.

For automake packages, CFLAGS is usually set to "-g -O2".
This is a user variable which can be overridden on the configure command line.

So the following command line should be able to cross-build any package for ColdFire:
configure --host=m68k-atari-mint CFLAGS="-mcpu=5475 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -s"
make

You can have a look at my build script for tar for ColdFire, it is a clean one:
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/soft/m68k-atari-mint/archives/unsupported/tar-1.22-bin-mintv4e-howto.txt

Of course the option -m68020-60 in a same way.

I hope it would be as easy for the huge GCC package.

--
Vincent Rivière