Re: [MiNT] QED

From: "Mark Duckworth" <mduckworth@atari-source.org>
Sent: Wednesday, January 06, 2010 11:50 PM
To: <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] QED

Seems I forgot the core of the question ;)

1. Would you like and use this (you already answered that)?

Maybe, depending on how good it is ;-) For a big project like FreeMiNT/qed I would probably use something like this. For a small project I'm very happy with the PureC IDE. It's fast, simple and gets the job done.

2. Should I build this into QED or fork QED to keep QED small and lean?

a) Fork qed.
b) Don't fork, but make it possible to compile a plain text-editor as well as the complete IDE. c) Don't integrate everything into one binary, but create several tools and tie them together with a clever protocol.

Personally I'd prefer (c). It's easier to create several small tools than one huge program. And it's easier to debug and easier to maintain. You will get the project to a usable state quicker, and it would be easier to extend it with new tools later on.

Jo Even

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4749 (20100106) __________

http://www.eset.com