Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT (off topic)

On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 11:23 AM, Lonny Pursell <atari@bright.net> wrote:
> on 2/3/10 8:31 AM, Peter Persson wrote:
>
>> 3 feb 2010 kl. 14.15 skrev George Nakos:
>>> Instead  of  writing  all these long posts that most people file under
>>> "tl;dr", can you please focus on bringing these pages up so people can
>>> benefit and add their knowledge?
>>
>> I second that. Stick to one topic at a time, and respond to the
>> question/discussion at hand. Otherwise people might decide to change the
>> settings in their spam filters.
>>
>> best regards
>>
>> -- PeP
>
> I would add a couple of points.  Read all related documents prior to
> commenting, not after the fact.  In some cases that may not be enough.
>
> Actually sit down and try coding it.  In the case of SLB, LDG, and custom
> OVLs, I have actually written code for 2 out of the 3 and I downloaded the
> 3rd one and read the docs, so I feel somewhat justified in my comments. I
> prefer SLB, the method supported by the kernel itself.  On my website is an
> example of using an SLB with GFA even.
>
> Or sit down and create something better and commit it to the CVS. Throwing
> ideas out there is one thing, but posting long dissertations and then
> expecting someone else to do it, very unlikely to say the least.
>
> --
> Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/

if there was a place those could be placed within reach on mint
development, then that would the better option, but there is not, and
there seems to be no inclination to provide one, why?

it would also provide for the kernel itself to be open up to public
scrutiny, or for clear outline of future addition to be layed out in
plain text format or even at abstracted code level

That in itself would help kernel developers, who are other wise
preoccupied actually coding in fixes and change or commiting updates

as for the SBL and OVL programming docs, where did you get them?

Paul