Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT (off topic)

on 2/3/10 8:31 AM, Peter Persson wrote:

> 3 feb 2010 kl. 14.15 skrev George Nakos:
>> Instead  of  writing  all these long posts that most people file under
>> "tl;dr", can you please focus on bringing these pages up so people can
>> benefit and add their knowledge?
>
> I second that. Stick to one topic at a time, and respond to the
> question/discussion at hand. Otherwise people might decide to change the
> settings in their spam filters.
>
> best regards
>
> -- PeP

I would add a couple of points.  Read all related documents prior to
commenting, not after the fact.  In some cases that may not be enough.

Actually sit down and try coding it.  In the case of SLB, LDG, and custom
OVLs, I have actually written code for 2 out of the 3 and I downloaded the
3rd one and read the docs, so I feel somewhat justified in my comments. I
prefer SLB, the method supported by the kernel itself.  On my website is an
example of using an SLB with GFA even.

Or sit down and create something better and commit it to the CVS. Throwing
ideas out there is one thing, but posting long dissertations and then
expecting someone else to do it, very unlikely to say the least.

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/