Re: [MiNT] Gentoo FreeMiNT

On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 13:58 +0100, Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
> [...]

You can install pre-built binary packages, or install from source. It's
a choice you can make on a per-package basis, assuming there is a binary
package available. If not, then build from source is your only option.

I do have pre-built binaries for lots of packages already at...

http://gentoo.atariforge.org/files/

These have been compiled with support for the basic 68000 so should work
on any of our machines.

Further down the line I'd like to make specific 68020-68060 and coldfire
variants.

And yes, the package manager automatically handles updates and shows you
what's available.

Alan.