Re: [MiNT] Daily freemint kernel builds

Am 04.02.2010, 08:45 Uhr, schrieb Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com>:

True, but the big difference is that the Selectric protocol allows
multiple files to be selected. Personally I find myself using drag'n
drop (or the AV-protocol) more than the fileselector, so for me it
doesn't make much difference :-)

Jo Even

Also, according to the code, XaAES de activates thrid party FS, so at
least allowing for Selectric would allow for certain other FS by
default.

I would still look at the unblocking too, as MyAES does. But there is
also quite a bit of work needed on enhancing the FS itself

I agree. What I want long term is:

1. select multiple files

2. provide mv, rm, chmod ..

3. enter the pattern in the FS (doesn't ROM-AES have this?)

and also for completeness

4. let other FS replace it

5. do this unblocking thing

6. maybe implement some common FS-protocol

But to get the stable version asap, I would only do 5. and maybe 3. for
now, or leave everything for later. 1. and 6. may be related.

But I can't promise to do any of these so soon.

--
Helmut Karlowski