Re: [MiNT] Frank is dead

Am Freitag 19 März 2010 17:31:47 schrieb Mathias Wittau:
> We recived the following very sad message:
>

> -------------------
>
> Die folgende Meldung kam gerade in Maus.B.Info:
>

> From: Christian Goßlar @ B
> Newsgroups: Maus.B.Info
> Subject: traurige Nachricht
> Maus-ID: A12652@B
> Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 19:55:00
>
> Liebe Mauser!
>
> Heute &#129;müssen wir euch eine traurige Nachricht mitteilen.
>
> Frank Naumann, der Mitprogrammieren von Freemint, ist am 12.3.2010
>  gestorben.
>
> Stefan Glaser & Christian Goßlar

Oh how sad, I'm very shocked by these news!

When Frank and Guido started SpareMiNT I coincidentally stumbled apon a ftp
directory containing the not-yet released MiNT port of rpm and some
packages... Guido gave me a quick starter for rpm packaging, and during the
next couple of years I was glad to contribute to SpareMint, by
rebuilding/porting/maintaining several redhat packages, and even create new
rpms for stuff I was interested in. I remember Frank as always being calm,
polite, helpful and competent when I got stuck or needed expertise.

I have moved away from using Ataris and MiNT in 2003 but still follow its
development by reading this list. I have read about Frank's illness here a few
monts ago and was under the impression that he had recovered in the meantime.

I'd also like to express my deep compassion to his relatives.

Rest well, Frank!

Edgar