Re: [MiNT] 'cd' does not like u:

Am 11.03.2010, 23:02 Uhr, schrieb Jo Even Skarstein <joska@online.no>:

Helmut Karlowski wrote:

In bash cd c: works, but then I would want it to go to the directory it
came from on c: (like DOS).

In DOS, changing drive and changing directory are two different things.
To change to C in DOS, you simply type 'c:', while changing to a
different directory on the active drive is done by issuing a cd-command.

Yes - I mixed this up. But it would be a fancy feature! In DOS I really appreciate the possibility to say

copy D:xy .

You can't really compare this to the unix cd-command.

I meant the (not yet invented) "GEMDOS-cd".

--
Helmut Karlowski