[MiNT] X-window problem

Hello, all

Trying to get x-windows back the way I had it, and got stuck.

In the mean time, I got a copy of Papyrus, which uses bitstream speedo fonts, and put those in BTFONTS on my boot drive.

Then, x-windows found only those BTFONTS, and ignored GEMSYS. So I moved BTFONTS to another partition, and changed font paths in Papyrus, and x-windows then found only system fonts.

There is an empty man page on setting font paths, and an obscure note at the bottom of the xfontsel man page that a file called &XFILESEARCHPATH\xfontsel was somehow involved.

I tried it as a setenv string with a path on the end, and nothing new happened.

How do I get all the fonts in GEMSYS and BTFONTS listed in available fonts, so I can use my old font.alias file?

Jim

--
 /"\      Jim DeClercq--jimd@panix.com--Sylvania, Ohio, USA
 \ /      ASCII ribbon campaign | I'm a .signature virus!       |