Re: [MiNT] MiNT questions

On Thu, 2010-04-22 at 11:18 +0200, Lars Schmidbauer wrote:
> Hello,

> >> Do you see this be on the screen?
> >>
> >> Reading `\mint\1-17-cur\mint.ini' ...  done
> >> Hold down the SHIFT key to enter menu or wait 6 s.
>
> > No. I only get display after this point.
>
> Did you set option "boot.log" in ct60conf.cpx/boot/ to "with"?
> In this case, auto folder boot messages are written to C:\boot.log and
> "Hold down the SHIFT key to enter menu or wait 6 s." is not displayed.
>
> You wrote that you run MinT 1.17. with Eiffel. I have a strange problem
> here with that config (everything is fine with 1.16.3):
> After some writing, the last pressed key is repeated infinetly and can't
> be stopped OR the keyboard don't work anymore (no key accepted).
> Mouse works ok.
> I posted that some time ago, do you have this problem, too?

Hi Latz,

I also get this and hacked a fix into the Eiffel code to help, but it's
still not 100% and repeats for about 10 iterations occasionally. But at
least the keyboard does stop and can avoid you rebooting.

Are you positive it doesn't happen with 1.16.3 ?

I'm pretty sure it's related to the roottimeout code that was added, but
not been able to get far enough to work out the real issue.

Alan.