Re: [MiNT] GCC 4.5.0

Eero Tamminen wrote:
Does stuff like -fstack-protector and -fmudflap work also?

I have just made some quick tests.

1) -fstack-protector and -fstack-protector-all
It works partially. Overflow of local variables is detected and an error message is displayed on the console (on TOS, after failures on /dev/tty and syslog). Then the program tries to stop using a trap #7 (???), and of course it crashes. This feature is already useful, and I think it could work cleanly with very little additional work in the GCC patch.

2) -fmudflap and -lmudflap
It fails, because libmudflap has not been built.
Maybe passing --enable-libmudflap when configuring GCC would be enough, I don't know if specific porting would be necessary.

As I told before, the binutils/GCC patches are now very stable, so we should now direct our efforts to enabling that kind of stuff, to get the benefits of using GCC 4.x over older versions.

--
Vincent Rivière