Re: [MiNT] ccache 2.4 rpm

On Wed, 2010-06-09 at 23:56 +0200, m0n0 wrote:
> Am Mi, 9.06.2010, 23:45 schrieb Alan Hourihane:
>
> > Attached is my patch that I use on gentoo.
>
> Hello Alan,
>
> Thanks for the info.
> I don't know how important it is for the speed up, so I did not disable
> the unify method... but if there is an error in the unify thing ( which I
> modiefied to use malloc instead of mmap ) - then It would be cool to find
> the Error... If you don't trust the unify method, you could disable the
> unify stuff with an environment variable.

It's actually disabled by default anyway. Look at this excerpt in the
code....

        /* if the compilation is with -g then we have to include the
whole of the
           preprocessor output, which means we are sensitive to line
number
           information. Otherwise we can discard line number info, which
makes
           us less sensitive to reformatting changes

           Note! I have now disabled the unification code by default
           as it gives the wrong line numbers for warnings. Pity.
        */

Alan.