Re: [MiNT] drag & drop

From: "Paul Wratt" <paul.wratt@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:29 AM
To: "mint" <mint@lists.fishpool.fi>
Subject: Re: [MiNT] drag & drop

As for the Atari fs, I think "judicious naming" is the only current
fix (ie. no spaces in file/folder names)

That is correct. Lots of apps doesn't understand whitespace in filenames and/or quoted filenames. There is not much the OS can do about this, as the communication goes directly between the two apps. I have implemented a kludge in Taskbar to partially support apps that doesn't understand filenames with whitespace - drag the file from the desktop to the receivings app's button on Taskbar while Right Control is pressed. The quotes will be removed from the filename before it's passed on to the receiving app. A surprising amount of apps that doesn't understand quoted filenames (all filenames with whitespace is quoted by the AV-server) is able to load files this way.

The problem could be with the desktop too, but I've done a lot of testing with both Thing and Teradesk in this area and from what I see they behave fine. The problem is almost certainly in Photoline.

Jo Even