Re: [MiNT] drag & drop

On Tue, Jun 8, 2010 at 5:34 PM, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 15:30:08 , Miro Kropacek <miro.kropacek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > work if there is a space in the folder or path name. This is
>> > probably a shortcoming of Photoline but just in case, I thought
>> > I should mention it.
>> Or your desktop. A few years ago, I've debugged with author of
>> Teradesk a lot of LFN-related issues, other desktops (Jinnee, Thing)
>> behave really bad and buggy.
>>

> Yes there are a lot of links in that chain and any one of them
> can mess it up.
>
> I think I haven't hit this issue for such a long time because I
> have carully named my files and folders.
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

side topic:
This is not an Atari specific problem, I just encountered the same
(space in the file/folder name) issue with Cygwin. I did not have this
(same) issue with my linux install though

As for the Atari fs, I think "judicious naming" is the only current
fix (ie. no spaces in file/folder names)

Paul