Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

7 jul 2010 kl. 22.51 skrev Jo Even Skarstein:

> Sounds like maintenance hell to me, and a sure way to make software that
> doesn't work on future hardware.

Come on. Adding dedicated conversion code for known conversions will not break compatibility if you have a fallback mechanism for unknown conversions. It does make things run well on standard graphics hardware however.

I totally agree that it would be better to have this kind of stuff in the OS instead, but then we have the Real World (TM). The difference in speed on a 060 equipped Falcon, a CT2 or even a TT is huge. It's not huge on a Milan or Hades though (I own all of these machines, and I've tested this kind of code on all of them).

-- PeP