Re: [MiNT] UNIXMODE defaults

Hi,

On Monday 05 July 2010, Paul Wratt wrote:

> > The programmer's doc doesn't say anything about threads.
>
> there is also the non-mint specific wiki (looking for link now...
> http://wikipendium.free.fr/) and a couple of other doc sites with
> programming related material (most of which needs updating in some way
> or another)

That doesn't seem to have anything about threads. You need MiNT /
pre-emptive multitasking for threads so it's kind of understandable...

I was mainly asking whether there's MiNT (and MiNTLib) specific information
about its threads implementation (besides the old stuff on my ancient web
page).

> > My old MiNT intro from 15 years ago mentioned several gotchas with
> > them: http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/historical/mint.html
> >
> > Do those still apply?
> And, or, alternatively, is it about time to get a hold of the
> http://freemint.de site again to add more user related stuff (that
> isn't considered for the sparemint/freemint wiki) At least this would
> allow for cross linking and cross referencing (along with other doc
> urls) where more info may be needed by a user (and they dont have to
> go away and muddle through google looking for that info)

That at least links & shows the existing documentation coming with MiNT
sources:
	http://freemint.de/docs/mint.index.html

The Sparemint "general information" here:
	http://sparemint.org/sparemint/info.html

Is somewhat sparse compared to that. :-)

	- Eero