Re: [MiNT] Conholio 0.7r

Hi,

On Monday 12 July 2010, Peter Persson wrote:
> > I can't try it right now, how it's with copy&paste support with cursor
> > mouse? I'm getting senile, I can't remember if it worked or not :)
>
> Doesn't work yet - it's partly implemented in the next version. The one I
> just released is basically the same code as v0.6, with some
> bugfixes/patches.
>
> I have to figure out how that's supposed to work in combination with
> mouse events etc. I suspect that applications will expect that it works
> in a certain way...

I added that kind of support to wterm in 1998, and looking again at that
old code...

I don't see how application would need to know about the pasting. If
terminal application specifically requests mouse events to be reported,
it already needs to be handling cursor changing position.  And paste
just goes to current cursor position.

As to selection and copying, what is in control of selection, Conholio
or the application?  If it's not Conholio, how it can even know what could
/ should be copied?  If selection is controlled by Conholio, I again don't
see any problem (application doesn't need to know about copying as
it doesn't affect the terminal contents).

	- Eero

[1] wterm/wvt were the terminal programs for the W window system
     (which was done initially for MiNT as more lightweight X replacement):
	http://koti.mbnet.fi/tammat/open.shtml#wws

    This terminal had its own terminfo&termcap terminal name & entry.  While
    it was VT52 compatible, it implemented some features also from XTerm.
    Main (VT102) omission was support for scrolling regions which would have
    sped it up quite a bit I think.

   Maybe the wterm/wvt code is still useful to you.  If you have any
   questions about it, just ask. :-)