Re: [MiNT] Bit-Depth and Graphics stuff....

> I totally agree - but that's not what we have to work with today.
Why? Ole is now standing against a dilemma if he should hard-code some
known TC schemes, have it user to select or even make special library
for that. Isn't better to focus that coding on VDI improvement?

> And the point is, it's not even system unfriendly.
Honestly, I'm a little bit lost what you have actually proposed and
what do you like / don't like :) You've agreed some intermediate
format is good but on the other hand, you want to have some way how to
access original format (for example 8-bit chunky buffer) to make
blitting from this source into (planar-based) screen buffer faster,
right? And how is this all related to pixel format detection? I'm not
ironic, I'm seriously lost in this debate ;-)

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org