Re: [MiNT] keyboard.tbl / wiki addition / sparemint.org down?

On 08/06/2010 11:55 PM, m0n0 wrote:

> I wanted to add support for an british keyboard to the FreeMiNT running on
> my Falcon... but it seems to be an annoying task right in this moment.

There is already a UK keymap in the CVS, and it should (but I haven't
checked that it actually *is*) included in the tarballs.

> 1. It would be good to have a set of pre-compiled keyboard tables ready
> for download.

There is, see above.

> 2. Because that's nowhere available, I have to dig into the FreeMiNT
> sources.

No need too ;-)

> 3. I would do that if sparemint.org would be available :(
>
> If I can manage to get the keytable tool I would like to create an set of
> keyboard.tbl for different langues and add them to the wiki... Or maybe
> anyone sends in their keyboard.tbl ?

As mentioned above, several keytables already exists in the CVS. If you
need to edit or create your own, you can use mktbl which is in the cvs
(not very easy to use as you need to edit a text-file to create a
keymap) or download my KeyEdit (http://atari.nvg.org) which is a GEM
application. But KeyEdit is not yet updated to handle deadkeys, and it
can't save the keytables in plain text format yet.

Jo Even