Re: [MiNT] XaAES: menus in windows - window handle?

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
On 08/04/2010 09:53 PM, Helmut Karlowski wrote:

I guess these are needed for nested submenus (menu from a menu). But
then the topmost 'parent' should point to - the window, shouldn't it?

That doesn't help much, as you can't detect which window the menu is
attached when a sub-menu is selected. I suggest abusing msg[1]. This

True. So forget this idea and think about the other suggested ways.

So what happened here? Did you guys agree on a solution?

Jo Even

I think it is wise to restrict actions on non topped windows
to moving, sizing and sliding. Those that only trigger
redraws.

Anything else ambiguates GEM's notion of 'top window'.

Or is it possible to prevent actions on non topped windows by
a config option?

--
Groeten; Regards.
Henk Robbers. http://members.chello.nl/h.robbers