Re: [MiNT] XaAES: menus in windows - window handle?

Hello,

I haven't read the whole thread, but i'd like to add my 2 cents.

I suggest a simple modification to detect whether
a menu event comes from the root window or not:

1. Root window (normal menu): Leave it like today.
2. Any other window: Send -(window handle) instead of sender's apid.

hmm... not so good (IMO). Please leave the basis of AES msg simple with no special case / exception.

msg[1] and msg[2] have a meaning which is constant for all msg, and the content should not depend on the type of message.

i think that windowed-MENU and TOOLBAR are quite similar.

So i suggest to keep MN_SELECTED unchanged, and to used a specific new value of msg[0] (WM_MENU for example) for menu in window

For reference, here is the definition of WM_TOOLBAR
http://arnaud.bercegeay.free.fr/gemlib/html/mt__gem_8h.html#e054ea605660c1f583b36e4b0abeba06

For WM_MENU, you are free to fill the data msg[4..7] as you want.

Just my 2 cents....

Arnaud.