Re: [MiNT] XaAES: menus in windows - window handle?

on 8/9/10 4:20 AM, Miro Kropacek wrote:

>> Why? Are there still people using these systems? They're so old I
>> don't see how they could be relevant today. And anyway, isn't an
> You would be surprised how many people who don't read ML are still
> using N.AES (if not MagiC).

I still use n,aes on my Hades daily and I'm on this list.

>> application using XaAES-style menus in widows already incompatible
>> with an older AES?
> I can't say here, I'm not such expert on AES features. If it is so,
> you're right, it doesn't matter. But if there's something like that in
> other AESes, to me it doesn't look like a good idea to break it.

Well, this is simple.  The old menu message should be left alone, and a
completely new message defined for menus inside windows.  That's the obvious
way to maintain backward compatibility.  Anything else is just insane if it
starts breaking all the GEM apps already out there. :-P

--
Lonny Pursell    http://www.bright.net/~gfabasic/