Re: [MiNT] XaAES: menus in windows - window handle?

On 9 August 2010 00:46, Peter Persson <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com> wrote:
9 aug 2010 kl. 00.23 skrev Henk Robbers:

> Peter, you must be a very nice and cooperative guy.
> I sincerely hope you will never get regrets about such a hack.

I beg your pardon???

MN_SELECTED returns the address of the object tree associated with the menu event. It's been that way since 1985, and right now that's the only way to uniquely identify an event as belonging to a particular menu. There is no other way to do that. All I do is to tag each window with the address of its menu bar, and evaluate this information each time I receive a MN_SELECTED event.

There must be some misunderstanding going on here, since you seem to be handling the rsc tree situation in a perfectly legal way.

Regards,

/Joakim