Re: [MiNT] Idea for later releases

On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 11:31 PM, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 9 Aug 2010 16:19:53 , Peter Persson <pep.fishmoose@gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> 9 aug 2010 kl. 13.46 skrev Paul Wratt:
>>
>> > On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 9:39 PM, Peter Slegg

>> > someone has recently written a tool like this, not sure if it was
>> falcon only
>>
>> I guess that would be my kernel- + xaaes-loader. The only thing it did
>> was select kernel/xaaes binary based on the CPU type, but the reception
>> it got resembled that of a poop-flavoured popsicle :) I ditched that
>> project!
>>
>> -- PeP
>>

> I must have missed it.
>
> A tool like this would save a lot of frustration when the kernel
> doesn't boot or clashes with the xaaes version.
>
> Peter

Then it should probably be resirected.

I believe that some people were not raving about it because it did not
do some of the things they wanted it to do.

I gather that there were more than a few people using it successfully

It would be ideal (when extended) to take care of an issue brought up
in another thread. Hold a key to boot a CVS kernel or CVS kernel
folder, otherwise boot stable according to CPU

Was the app ever tested on a non-Falcon setup (ARAnyM, Milan, TT with
CPU upgrade)

Paul