Re: [MiNT] trunk-09082010 file structure / content

> I'm thinking of people with 020's, but why is it such a big deal to
> include it ? You are advocating not to include it, but does it actually
> make your life harder in anyway ?
I don't know, do you really feel comfortable when some newbie asks on
ML "What is kernel XY and why there is seven of them?" answering
"Well, it doesn't make your life harder, does it" ? It should have
some serious reason. Even Frank wanted to follow this approach, Linux
follows this approach, why do you think they do it?

> Eh? You've told me in an earlier thread that you only wake up in RC
> time. No kidding. Now you want to merge into one kernel.
Wake up for testing, testing!!! I don't use / update FreeMiNT on
regular basis but this doesn't mean I don't want to fix / improve some
things.

> Then you are asking users to start doing kernel builds. Mmmm. Might as
Huh, where do you see it? You can be that 'someone', you're the
maintainer. It's just much easier to have just one or two builds by
default.

My question about your opinion was about this code merge into one (or
two, generally, as few as possible) kernel. If you don't like it, I of
course wont start a work, it makes no sense.

--
MiKRO / Mystic Bytes
http://mikro.atari.org