Re: [MiNT] Problem with file name under CDISO

Hi,
On 10 Sep 2010 at 18:59, Jean-Luc CECCOLI wrote:

> > Yesterday I wanted to save the new software fo MiNT on CD using
> > CDwriter. On the beginning I make image ISO
> > trunk-10092010.tar.bz2
> > and then for example if file name is trunk-10092010.tar.bz2  it change
> > the name trunk-10092010_tar.bz2
> > I try with other option in CDWriter (MiNT/Linux, Magic, Win95 etc.) but
> > in any case is the same (without second dot before tar in name of file)
> > I make ISO image on the same partition (LNX).
> > Is it posibility to save all file on atari under MiNT using CDWriter
> > without change of file name ?
> >

> I think this is a normal behaviour of CDW, which allows only 1 dot in
> a filename. Didn't use it for a long time though, so...
> Maybe Roger could tell more ?

As someone else pointed out, with the appropriate options you can save the full
filename (to a Joliet or Rock Ridge filesystem), although the basename on the
ISO9660 image is still limited to one dot.  I already emailed Piotr to find out
more info.  Thanks to all for responding on the list on my behalf!

Roger