Re: [MiNT] Cookies

On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 09:26:41 , "Michael Bernstein" <mint@mbernstein.de> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> > A bug that has remained hidden for 10 years. This is why I want to
> > investigate it properly and not hide it with a quick fix.
>
> Because it seems it was a bug in one of the TSR programs and not in
> the Mint kernel itself you must identify which of your TSR's dont
> handle a full cooky jar.
>
> There a several ways to do this. For example you can create a full
> cooky jar with extra space behind it and check one TST by one if
> the cooky jar wae overwritten.
>
> But i expect, the chance to fix this program was not very high. You
> need the source code or someone who still continue to develop this
> software. A more easy way was to increase your cooky jar before the
> start of all other TSR's.
>
> Best regards
> Michael

I understand all that you have said but you'se missed the point that
this problem only appearred recently with no changes to AUTO, CPX, ACCs
etc. other than a kernel change.

If this is just a duff TSR then why has it remained hidden for 10
years of Milan Mint usage ?

I think the Milan TOS doesn't need many of the hacks that that were
put in ST and TT Auto folders, many of the fixes were incorporated.

Never mind, I'll ignore it and hope it goes away. It only happens
about 1 a month at the moment.

Peter