Re: [MiNT] Taskbar area (was: Re: zTask Bug or maybe even kernel bug, or is it my fault?)

On Sat, 15 Jan 2011 14:49:39 , "Helmut Karlowski" <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:
> Am 15.01.2011, 14:26 Uhr, schrieb Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk>:
>
> > If you look at Windos, the task bar area is protected from any intrusion.
> > It is as if the desktop is reduced by that amount and the app windows
> > cannot
> > be moved into that task bar area.
>
> Wrong! The windows taskbar is just set to always-on-top in that case.

Your right, never noticed that, how bad is that ?!

Oddly Windos icons cannot be placed under the task bar so it is protected
against some things.

With XaAES if a window is maximsed it will overlap the task bar area and
it is this that I would like to avoid. Windos does do that. That max desk
areas does not include the task area.

I would spend some time fiddling with the XaAES settings but I have to reboot
every time since the XaAES restart locks my system up.

Peter