Re: [MiNT] gcc-4.5.2-mint-20110128

Miro Kropáček wrote:
Could you tell us poor asm coders how we are supposed return
double/extended precision numbers in d0/d1 then? I really hope it isn't
something like:

fmove.d fp0,some_memory
move.l some_memory,d0
move.l some_memory+4,d1

Of course it is something like this.
But your version is not reentrant.
The best way is:

fmove.d	fp0,-(sp)
movem.l	(sp)+,d0-d1

As found in the ancient PML sources.

../../gcc-4.5.2/gcc/config/m68k/m68k.md:3748 <http://m68k.md:3748>:
warning: operand 1 missing mode?

I don't know how harmful it is.

There are a lot of warnings during the compilation of GCC.
I never investigated that, I hope it is normal.

checking for shl_load... configure: error: Link tests are not allowed
after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
make[2]: *** [configure-target-libstdc++-v3] Error 1

You have installed libc.a and libm.a to their final location, and you have also installed math.h, right ?

Look at m68k-atari-mint/libstdc++-v3/config.log or something like this. You will see what failed.

Except that, I don't remember having changed the build scripts.
I have added:
CFLAGS_FOR_TARGET="-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer"
CXXFLAGS_FOR_TARGET="-O2 -fomit-frame-pointer"
on the configure command line to avoid -g and to disable the frame pointer. But this is not a reason to fail.

Your problem may remind me something but I can't remember...

--
Vincent Rivière