Re: [MiNT] almost there..... Newbie trying to compile Mint v1.17...

> No, it isn't. The true source of the problem is incorrect code  or
> options. -Werror is there for a reason to identify them to  the
> developer.

Sorry, I then must have misunderstood the meaning of a release version.
To me a release version is strip of all debugging stuff and no errors/warning if
I recompile it.
And this is what we defined at my workplace.

Otherwise how can one rebuild a release version if one still needs to modify the
code?
There is no guarantee that be the same as the one that was released if we need
to modify the code.

Unless of course you are telling me the freemint-1_17_0 is not the release.