Re: [MiNT] Coldfire-build

2011/3/14 Vincent Rivière <vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr>:
> So it seems that the hybrid FreeMiNT for ColdFire is basically working. It
> should be enough to develop new device drivers specific to the FireBee and
> fully compiled for ColdFire. Also, all user programs could be fully
> recompiled for ColdFire right now an run optimally.

Suppose I'm working on a desktop accessory (compiled with GCC 4, no
ASM, no dirty coding) and I would like to make a ColdFire version:
what must I change in the Makefile?

> For example, I would see something like "make v4e" to build a fully ColdFire
> FreeMiNT to be run on EmuTOS, and "make firetos" to build a kernel specific
> to FireTOS and its partial emulation.

Out of curiosity: what is the point of running EmuTOS on the FireBee
when FireTOS is so much more advanced feature-wise?

Cheers,
JFL
--
Jean-François Lemaire