Re: [MiNT] desktop fluff

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 7:28 AM, Peter Slegg <p.slegg@scubadivers.co.uk> wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 02:45:19 , Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com> wrote:
>> iconsets:
>>  lite - small, work with TOS
>>  heavy - large, lots of dev icons and filetypes
>>  RSC + "other"
>>

>> If anyone want to "throw some goodies in the fire" go for it
>>

> Has there ever been an app for quickly and easily adding icons
> to the desktop icon set-up ?
>

> Peter

I think this needs to be part the desktop app atm.

Although I am planning command line tools to compile the appropriate
files (.rsc, .cnf, etc) and a frontend to make managing that easier
for the user.

this system will work well because it can be used at boot time
(dynamically), and can maintain info across multiple apps (file
associations, file type icons, app icons, desktop placement, etc), and
multiple sets can be maintained (ie normal, lite, developer, debug)

some coming additions in MyAES will also make for some interesting
desktop possibilities..

Paul