Re: [MiNT] Eiffel wheel mouse

Jo Even Skarstein wrote:
No idea. Probably yes. In EmuTOS it comes from the low level IKBD
handlers, it is probably the same with FreeMiNT when using AKP keyboard
support.

I think it's wrong to handle the scrollwheel this way. It should be
handled at the VDI level like the Milan and ARANyM does. MiNT already
hooks into the VDI/AES trap. It could implement the vex_wheel vector and
the scroll wheel will automatically work.

To be sure we are speaking about the same thing...
The original question was to get rid of the key click on wheel events.

However, you are right. The AES should not mess with those low level IKBD packets, it should only use the underlying VDI's vex_wheel facility.

But if I'm not wrong, for AKP support, FreeMiNT hooks the IKBD handlers. So what happens to the VDI mouse and keyboard routines ?

And what to do if the underlying VDI does not correctly support vex_wheel ? If I understand correctly, XaAES currently tries to provides workarounds itself...

--
Vincent Rivière