Re: [MiNT] Cross compiling freemint

M.A. Kehr wrote:
So I have an older gcc, this may be the problem.

It would be nice to know your versions.
OS, as (binutils), gcc...
From your next informations, it seems you are using Ubuntu 64-bit.

I have it from your Ubuntu rep.

Good.

However, I have updated the mintbin package only once since the beginning, and it was only about a compilation issue. So nothing has been fixed since your version.

Your problem is strange because m68k-atari-mint-stack works fine for all of us.

But since you are using a 64-bit OS, I suspect that the stack tool works well on 32-bit hosts, but fails on 64-bit hosts. Probably a small bug, but should be fixed.
This scenario has to be verified.

A look at the sources.lst showed me that during update to natty the
lines with your repo were commented out. After uncommenting them I
can't access your repo:

W: Fehlschlag beim Holen von
http://vincent.riviere.free.fr/debian/dists/natty/Release  Unable to
 find expected entry 'contrib/binary-amd64/Packages' in Release file
 (Wrong sources.list entry or malformed file)

Yes, as I told in my initial announce, the Ubuntu 64-bit binaries will be available when someone compiles them. Since the source packages are all clean (except GCC), they are easy to recompile on any Debian-like system. I can send you the detailed instructions, if you like. But before that we should fix the stack tool, if this is really a 64-bit problem.

--
Vincent Rivière