Re: [MiNT] Eiffel wheel mouse

Le 20/05/2011 07:55, Helmut Karlowski a écrit :
Would this mean that there would never be a click if I type S-F6?

Yes, and this is bad.

As I told, I consider that the kbdclick() is not called at the right places, that's another problem. The rule should be simple: click on every key press that is not a modifier (Shift, etc), and click on software generated keystrokes (key repeat, Alt+nums).

This is no ok IMHO (only solution that comes to mind is (again) mint.cnf).

The real problem is that, as Jo Even said, that wheel support should be entirely managed by the VDI, then used by the AES through vex_wheelv(). Any code related to Eiffel in the kernel or XaAES is a hack, then of course wrong things happen.

Currently, I don't want to refactor the whole OS, I just want to avoid the keyclicks when I use the wheel with my Eiffel.

Anyway, you are right, with the current status of the things, an eiffel_support variable in mint.cnf would be necessary. Even before my patch, because there was special handling for Eiffel wheel keys. When it is enabled (regardless to the keyclick issues) it breaks the usage of real F16 keys and so. BTW are such keys available on real keyboards ?

--
Vincent Rivière