Re: [MiNT] Eiffel wheel mouse

Le 20/05/2011 09:27, Miro Kropáček a écrit :
Just out of curiosity, are you sure you've found the problem?

Sure, there is absolutely no mystery here.

I mean, I am / was long time user of Eiffel + Falcon + XaAES and I've
never got any keyclicks while scrolling. Furthermore, mouse wheel was
of course working from the beginning. Same for Aranym. So I really
wonder to see some set of patches to make this work, maybe an
regression from something?

Actually, the Eiffel mouse wheel can generate either status frames (like ARAnyM) or special keystrokes (as my Eiffel).
See again Didier's page in the "Mouse elements" table:
http://didierm.pagesperso-orange.fr/eiffel-e.htm

First, be sure you have the keyclick turned on otherwise you will never hear anything ;-)

Of course, status frames never generate keyclicks. But when Eiffel is configured to send special keystrokes, we hear the keyclick. Maybe the best solution would be to configure Eiffel to send status frames ;-)

Anyway, the middle button always produce a special keystroke, so I guess it produces a keyclick for you as well.

We have to answer the following question:
Does FreeMiNT/fVDI/XaAES want to support the Eiffel wheel and middle mouse button in special key mode ? If yes, that should be done cleanly. If not, the existing partial support should be removed.

--
Vincent Rivière