Re: [MiNT] SV: Eiffel wheel mouse

Helmut Karlowski wrote:
Does the VDI handle F16 as wheel-event?

I guess this is the problem... We can't assume that all the VDI implementations understand the Eiffel wheel codes and support vex_wheelv() :-(

I have added support for that inside the EmuTOS VDI some time ago :-)
Unfortunately the poor EmuTOS AES is unable to send scroll events from the mouse handlers :-(
Don't bother, this is out of topic.

I intend to test for a modifier in XaAES to decide beween S-F6 and
F16. That's all I can imagine to do as long as keyboard is used to
transport wheel-events.

I propose do the following in XaAES:

- when EIFFEL_SUPPORT is off (the default), handle the wheel only through the VDI vex_wheelv(), if available. That will work fine with any hardware supported by the underlying VDI.

- when EIFFEL_SUPPORT is on, try to cope with a an old VDI lacking support for Eiffel. As a side effet, Shift+F6 will be interpreted as a wheel event instead of a keystroke. This is the current behavior.

This is the best we can do inside XaAES.

NB: I don't know how wheel status frames are currently handled.

--
Vincent Rivière