Re: [MiNT] gradients,FreeMiNT 1.18

On Thu, 28 Jul 2011 20:43:08 , Paul Wratt <paul.wratt@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 9:21 AM, Helmut Karlowski
> <helmut.karlowski@ish.de> wrote:

> >> Are you talking about a GEM tool to see the XaAES graphics settings
> >> for widgets and gradients ?
> >
> > Yes - I thought of a GEM-prg that has the gradients-code and is able to
> > configure and display all relevant objects.
> >
> > It would not need a c-interpreter but would generate c.
> >
> > This was meant to be a joke because it's a whole lot of work.
> >
> > Helmut Karlowski
> >
> :) I know you did ;)
>
> it does not need a c-interpreter, but I have the source and would like
> to get it running under mint, so it would be ok to do so

I don't know how the widgets and gradients have been implemented so I don't
know how much work is involved in creating a viewer like the one in Windos
control panel.

However, without an easy way of seeing the options on offer. all the
work on the nice visuals is a bit wasted.

> It should also signal to XaAES to reload (or load new) gradient config
> (or something similar like load specific config).

Just being able to do that would be great, at least the different options
could be seen quickly and easily.

Looking forward to it ;-)  (that's a joke too)

Regards,

Peter